Welcome to The Bob Pike Group | Trainer Training | Manager Training
Lecture-based teaching is wasteful...and it's everywhere. Usually the lecture is only as good as the person who's talking, and even if the speaker is amazing, 80% of what's taught is forgotten a day later.
We teach Creative Training TechniquesTM that help people learn twice as much in half the time. Our methods create buy-in, enthusiasm, change behavior, and ultimately save time and money. We are the industry-leading firm to train your trainers, design your training programs and develop talent.
Lecture-based teaching is wasteful…and it’s everywhere. Usually the lecture is only as good as the person who’s talking, and even if the speaker is amazing, 80% of what’s taught is forgotten a day later. Surprisingly, most training sessions still reply on lectures and death by PowerPoint.
Over 40 years ago, Bob Pike began taking notes on how instruction could be done more effectively. After attending a workshop on attitudes, he began to realize how much information he could retain even though the leader said few words. The material was taught through interactive activities, media, and conversations. The content was taught the way adults learned best.
These Creative Training Techniques™ are now the foundation of our training solutions. Each project is designed from the ground up using activities that have attendees participating in their own learning. These tools allow learners to “catch” what’s being taught while having fun.
The Bob Pike Group’s Creative Training Techniques™ help people learn twice as much in half the time. With our interactive approach, we engage people in the learning experience. Participants take ownership of their learning and quickly discover on-the-job applications for their training.
Our participant-centered approach is successful because it focuses on the needs of learners. We understand that attention spans are short, so we routinely capture people’s interests. Even television directors understand this challenge, and they change camera angles every six seconds to keep viewers hooked.
Our techniques, grounded in adult learning theory and brain-based research, create buy-in, enthusiasm, and ultimately change behavior. After all, learning doesn’t occur until behavior changes. Companies large and small work with us to save time and money on training while improving measurable results.
The Bob Pike Group design and training consultants are experts with real-world experience so they know what it’s like to be on the frontlines of industries like technology, healthcare, government, and manufacturing.
We are the industry-leading firm to train your trainers, design your training programs, develop virtual training, and teach presentation skills.
Over 300,000 people on five continents have changed the way they train forever because our interactive methods achieve more with less.
Our workshops are different. For more than 30 years, clients have been applying Bob's Participant-Centered Instructional System to develop their learning organizations, strengthen retention and enrich desired results.
We are the industry leader in designing effective training solutions and developing exceptional trainers. Let us help you determine the best solution to meet your objectives.
- "The creative training techniques presented by The Bob Pike Group are ‘game changers’ that every Department of Defense employee should incorporate into all military briefs and classroom instruction."
- "Great workshop for new and experienced trainers. Valuable information that can increase your ability to cover more information better & quicker."
MCAS Cherry Point
- "Our organization, as a professional academy, is leading the way in the Marine Corps with regards to the adult learner and more effective methods of teaching… what convinced him [my Director] to pay the costs was the end result he observed from the 4 of us that went to the Train the Trainer Boot Camp. He saw the value on his investment with the product that it produced."
SNCOA Camp Pendleton
- "As we bring new team members into Training Specialist roles, it is critical that they acquire and develop the core skill of facilitation. We have trusted The Bob Pike Group to deliver the Boot Camp workshop for over ten years. The content continues to be relevant even as the delivery of training has evolved."
- "I have never been taught how to train. This was very eye-opening to me. This course has enabled me to be a better trainer."
- "The best training/facilitating seminar I've ever attended. The Bob Pike Group set a standard of training excellence that others should emulate."
United States Navy
- "The Bob Pike's Train-the-Trainer Boot Camp was exceptional. I often refer back to the course material to help design and facilitate classes that get participants more engaged. The instructor was always supportive and best of all, modeled the concepts so we could see what the right behaviors and skills looked like. I thought this was one of the best classes I have attended on facilitation skills and I have already recommended it to two co-workers."
- "I feel like I can make a difference and my everyday job even more exciting. I no longer am at a plateau."
- "The Sales Training Department at GSK truly values the partnership we've established with the Bob Pike Group."
- "This training met and exceeded my expectations. It will challenge us to take out curriculum to the next level"
Proctor & Gamble
- "Classroom time has been reduced by 50% while increasing retention of necessary content, using the participant centered model"
A Johnson & Johnson Company
- "The financial impact company-wide is an approximate $10 million increase in gross premium."
Farmers Insurance Group