Welcome to The Bob Pike Group | Trainer Training | Manager Training
Three decades ago, Bob Pike began revolutionizing train-the-trainer training with a focus on interaction and participation by the learners. With this change from lecture to participation came greatly increased content retention and learning transfer! Since then, we have provided train the trainer classes, manager and leadership training, and training and development consulting services to individuals and corporations to rave reviews and continued positive word of mouth referrals.
In addition to Bob Pike, a team of senior consultants, personally selected by Bob Pike and Becky Pike Pluth, with experience in a variety of industries and enterprises have been certified by Bob in his systems and process. These consultants travel nationally and internationally conducting customized in-house training programs and consulting services with clients.
Our participant-centered train-the-trainer training replaces lecture with group interaction over 80 percent of the time.
This training approach allows participants to develop their own answers, applying tools and techniques, using reference materials, and tapping their own resources (as well as those of their colleagues) to reach solutions that work in the training session as well as on the job. By using the structure of small groups and interactive training sessions, participants are given experiences that make it possible for them to apply the content back on the job, when the trainer isn't readily available to solve every problem or answer every question.
In our participant-centered training, we provide a supportive environment for participant exploration, struggle, and discovery, so the insights they gain will truly be theirs, as well as the self-confidence that comes from those discoveries. This comprehensive Instructional System -- complete with design, delivery, and class management components -- is now being applied to performance-based outcomes to strengthen the business relationship between the training department and the company's business objectives.
Our workshops are different. For more than 30 years, clients have been applying Bob's Participant-Centered Instructional System to develop their learning organizations, strengthen retention and enrich desired results.
We are the industry leader in designing effective training solutions and developing exceptional trainers. Let us help you determine the best solution to meet your objectives.
- "The creative training techniques presented by The Bob Pike Group are ‘game changers’ that every Department of Defense employee should incorporate into all military briefs and classroom instruction."
- "Great workshop for new and experienced trainers. Valuable information that can increase your ability to cover more information better & quicker."
MCAS Cherry Point
- "Our organization, as a professional academy, is leading the way in the Marine Corps with regards to the adult learner and more effective methods of teaching… what convinced him [my Director] to pay the costs was the end result he observed from the 4 of us that went to the Train the Trainer Boot Camp. He saw the value on his investment with the product that it produced."
SNCOA Camp Pendleton
- "As we bring new team members into Training Specialist roles, it is critical that they acquire and develop the core skill of facilitation. We have trusted The Bob Pike Group to deliver the Boot Camp workshop for over ten years. The content continues to be relevant even as the delivery of training has evolved."
- "I have never been taught how to train. This was very eye-opening to me. This course has enabled me to be a better trainer."
- "The best training/facilitating seminar I've ever attended. The Bob Pike Group set a standard of training excellence that others should emulate."
United States Navy
- "The Bob Pike's Train-the-Trainer Boot Camp was exceptional. I often refer back to the course material to help design and facilitate classes that get participants more engaged. The instructor was always supportive and best of all, modeled the concepts so we could see what the right behaviors and skills looked like. I thought this was one of the best classes I have attended on facilitation skills and I have already recommended it to two co-workers."
- "I feel like I can make a difference and my everyday job even more exciting. I no longer am at a plateau."
- "The Sales Training Department at GSK truly values the partnership we've established with the Bob Pike Group."
- "This training met and exceeded my expectations. It will challenge us to take out curriculum to the next level"
Proctor & Gamble
- "Classroom time has been reduced by 50% while increasing retention of necessary content, using the participant centered model"
A Johnson & Johnson Company
- "The financial impact company-wide is an approximate $10 million increase in gross premium."
Farmers Insurance Group